Thread: Alpine Hifi Kit
View Single Post
      10-25-2017, 12:22 AM   #159
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Hey GizmoOG, rembered theres a funny issue with the kit labelling with the door wiring. You need to do it as per install instructions and ignore the labels on the wiring, doing it as per wiring labels will give you real "tinny sounding" speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Mine is a 2010 with CIC, and most of the so called "problems" that are reported are for CIC models or with Professional Radio (which all aussie 135s have). Most reported problems ive seen are low PDC/gong volumes after coding the 268 kit. Are there other problems i am not aware of? Theres also quite a few that have had no problems.

There is an issue with the diplexers installed in the door panels not being wired correctly. Theres a silly label on them that says "radio" on it that is actually the tweeter connector. If you wire it by what it says on the installation diagram and not by that it says on the cable, it seems to be ok. Ive read a couple of reports where people have had these hooked up the wrong way and that has been the possible cause, reconnecting them fixed the problem.

I could be quite wrong, but after just having it done it all on my own and had no problems, i find it hard to believe the stealerships would have so many problems? Did you actually run into any issues with yours or did they just take a long time to code it. I guarantee you coding it is the easiest bit (at least on NCSExper)...

Also Mornington BMW have done quite a few of these and coded on the newer kit and new cars (i spoke to them re before deicding to go it on my own) and never had a problem. Im not trying to say there are no problems whatsoever, im sure there is, but it should be rectifiable.

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10538.50