Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluflyer06 View Post
Whats the proper way to put the couplers in? I didn't know there was a trick to it. I hope mine are in correctly.
First off, make sure that there is atleast 3/4" if not a lil more aluminum pipe showing between each filter. The piping should only be just inside the filter and stock inlet pipes, just enough to secure tight and properly with the clamps. (see pic below) Really there isnt a "trick" to it, just make sure the clamps are secure and the piping is inside each entry equally.

As far as this whole power loss bit with this intake, I know its all bullshit, I think really its due to so many reading it on the forums that they expect it to happen, like the other guy said, "placebo" effect. I installed my bms intakes at the same time that I installed my HPF intercooler as well and I felt a pretty noticeable boost in lower end torque. I have no tune thus far so there is no added boost installed with this yet. I truly believe that this intake is NOT just for those who load on the extra boost. This engine needs to breath regardless of its lower boost with 2 turbos, the more air and free-flowing ability the better the turbo's will perform and more efficiently as well.

I also agree bout the "try it on a cool night" bit, my car like I said has no tune still and it goes nuts below 80 now, I barely ever get close to WOT either.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0