View Single Post
      08-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
SDcali
Rep
Drives: Black 2011 135i M Sport

Full Headlight Replacement

Hey All,

I wanna preface this by saying I'm brand new to the scene, just bought my first BMW - a black 2011 135i M sport. I have had it for about a week, and now totally understand why this forum is called 1ADDICTS - truly addicting to drive.

Anyway, my question is about replacing the halo lights on my 135i. The stock ones aren't the color I prefer. (I'm coming from an Acura TL, which has nice bluish xenon headlights stock) I bought 8000k headlight replacements and had no idea there was a separate bulb (again, I'm a total newbie) for the halos. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should do/ what brand halos I should buy?

I'm a little pissed off because today I went into DDM Tuning in San Diego to get this done, and they simply sold me the headlights and didn't explain that the halos were different bulbs... now I have mismatched regular headlight and halos... I made it clear I had no knowledge of this car, and not one of the 4 employees in the store even thought to mention this. Probably never going there again, they were nice enough, but maybe because they don't sell them they didn't want to bring it up and lose the sale? I don't know.

Anyways, sorry for the long winded post. But does anyone have suggestions? Should I replace everything? Where do I buy them? Know of good installers in San Diego?

All help is much appreciated! Looking forward to being apart of this community. Seems like a lot of knowledgeable people on here.
Appreciate 0