01-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #12
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Engine noise is a large part of the cars overall experience, what's wrong with wanting to hear it more? I've had slow cars that sound amazing that were way more fun that quiet fast cars. I doubt anyone here would notice the 5hp difference of any airbox changes in either direction.

As for increasing induction noises I got rid of the cowl myself and run the BMS cabin air filters. I can hear EVERYTHING through them. The turbo sounds are awesome and I highly recommend it. I'm still on the stock airbox as well.
Thank you, you emotional sir, you! You get the joys of driving, despite being in the DC area, and having a turbo car...JK!

I just looked at the cowl filters, they look pretty reasonable at $59, especailly considering the benefits you describe. Also, I really like the idea of easier access to the back of the engine, and all the various stuff back there.
Matticus913474.50