View Single Post
      12-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #51
cream
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' BSM M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
So I am thinking of perhaps finally going the 2 car route and adding in addition to the m240i, a normally aspirated manual car that won't depreciate and may even appreciate and is reasonably reliable without huge maintenance costs. Max budget is 150k ish.

possible candidates include:

2010-2015 R8 v10 manual
2015-2016 991.1 GTS manual

I can't really come up with anything else that is normally aspirated and manual within that budget that I can see depreciating less than the r8 and doesn't come with outrageous maintenance/upkeep.

I am leaning towards the R8 as it seems to me that while the new GTS's will not be normally aspirated, there are still the GT cars that are normally aspirated and manual.

The manual r8 v10's will literally be the last of their kind.

I've also already kinda done the porsche thing having had 2 cayman 981's, never had a screaming v10!

Any other suggestions?
I don't think you'll find anything that will go up in value unless you're in the super exotics/upper echelon territory and even then it is a rare occurrence.

That being said a car is not an investment nor an asset, it is a liability. Literally losing dollar per hour sitting on your driveway.

If you're willing to spend a bit more my suggestion would be Porshce 991.2 GT3RS, AFAIK the depreciation on them is not terrible and they're more on the rare side. Seriously though, just go drive one, when I heard it screaming at 9000RPM in person I got goosebumps and I could not stop smiling.
Appreciate 0