View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 01:50 PM   #7
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
I'm not a "bro" and don't share his work to IG, and I've never had any issues with Rob and his work has always been top notch. I don't have a 128, so that may be correct. Personally, I've never dealt with a more honest mechanic in my life.
Perhaps I should roll back the IG comment as that's likely not fair. More of a gut reaction from me when I had my car out there to look at a very simple issue with the brakes and it sat for days with no communication while I watched car after car run through the shop on his Instagram story.

I get the feeling he may be a victim of his own success. Like I said he's a super nice guy but I started to get the feeling their shop is a little overwhelmed and certain cars and customers may fall from their cross check.

My intake and control arm install were great with him. But my suspension (esp subframe bushing), performance brakes, and exhaust install all had issues. The exhaust had a rattle that he did, to his credit, fix under his own guarantee. The suspension though, one of the subframe bushings was not installed correctly and he gave me a car with a bad alignment and didn't say anything. My local shop I take the car to for regular maintenance noticed it when I said I thought the car felt a little weird in the canyons (lesson learned, never leave without getting the alignment print out). Final straw was the brakes. During canyon runs the car would start making a sound as if something was rubbing. Made an appointment and everything, and the car sat for over a week with no updates and very little response to inquiry. I ended up getting the car back and took it to my local shop and they had it diagnosed and fixed in two hours (issue with the parking brake settings).

I drove all the way from the South Bay based on recommendations of his shop, but I won't anymore.

Sorry OP for the long hijack.
Appreciate 0