02-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #49
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
I just want to note that the problems experienced by me and others has nothing to do with the fitment of the Plenum. It fits just fine. The problem is that the power steering reservoir and it's bracket are getting in the way of the filter. I was able to modify my bracket and get everything mounted up just fine. It took a little bit to figure it out and I sure would have liked to have some direction before I went to install the Plenum, but it the end it only really took a couple of minutes to move things around to a way that would work. I think my friend and I spent all of 20 minutes under the hood dicking around. In the end it sounds like I've mounting things up incorrectly, but it a way that's working. I'll wait for the new DIY to confirm and and possibly move things around if I really feel like it.

As for the quality of the Plenum I think it's a really nice piece. The fitment was basically fine once I got that bracket out of the way, although the holes for the screws were just slightly off (not enough to cause a problem). The welds look really good to me and the coating is a hell of a lot better than what's on my downpipes and exhaust. I also really like the logo .

Now if Riss Racing could just sort out this bracket crap I would be perfectly happy with the products. As it stands now this is the second time I've had to deal with it (first time being when installing the DDV kit with the original bracket) and I really don't want to mess with this again.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0