01-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #46
thehalcyon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i MT LeMans

Quote:
Originally Posted by angler View Post
I just want to say thanks to everyone for the input. When I went to my dealer and told them I was considering both the 128 and the 335 my sales person whom is the gm just laughed at me. His response was really, you will never be happy with the 128 considering how adamant you have been around the bigger engine the past two cars. After thinking about it and taking my e92 out for some spirited driving I would tend to agree. I think I would be aggravated within two days of having the car, that I didn't get the bigger engine. Leasing a car for 3 years and being pissed at myself that I gave up the N55 for a couple lunches at Chiptole on a monthly basis would not be a fun thing. So N55 is the choice. Again thanks for all your input it was very helpful!

Great Choice OP.

I test drove the DCT 135 and the auto 128 before getting the 135 manual. I feel it wasn't really a fair comparison since the manual 128 is so much faster than the auto. I don't think the 128 is underpowered at all. I think of it as a bit faster than a GTI which isn't "fast" but its a quick little car.

You may have been happy with the 128, but it was definitely a safer bet to go with the 135. If you were concerned about engine performance in your last two cars, I think it was a wise choice.

Having owned mine for about a month and a bit I feel its very hard to use the 135i's power on a daily basis. As others have said if you max out 3rd gear its a pretty severe speeding ticket here in Ontario. However those brief acceleration stints getting on the hwy on-ramp are always fun and bring a smile to my face every time.
Appreciate 0