View Single Post
      04-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #63
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
To do something like this is quite amazing..I don't know too many people bold enough to fully repaint their 1M, but I respect you for doing it. Dakar Yellow is really nice, personally I'm a red fan so would have liked to see a 1M in a really nice red.

I'm glad you deleted the spoiler, it really threw it off...It would be interesting to see what the extra skirt pieces installed would look like if they blended with the yellow, but not necessary (perhaps a quick photoshop job might be nice to see).

Please no suicide/lambo doors...it's going to be really really tacky. Keep the OEM look and feel, which you have. Carbon fiber roof is definitely a plus, this is something BMW should have offered.

I find that more often than none, the wheels make the car, and your choice of wheels is among the top two alternate wheels I would choose to replace the factory ones. However, I've never been a fan of black wheels, unless it has a silver or colored lip to them...I don't know about anyone else but I like to SEE the details in the wheels in both moving and not moving state. I think a hypersilver or gunmetal tint would've been just light enough to see more detail in the wheels...nevertheless, an incredible (and very expensive) wheel choice. Perhaps again, maybe if you do some rolling shots in your pro shoot, someone could photoshop a yellow dakar lip around the wheels to see what it would look like.

Definite COTM.
Appreciate 0