12-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #7
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
SO! After having this setup for a little over a year (if you still do), would you recommend it? Any issues with the relatively cheap valve? Has road salt taken it’s toll on anything? Everything still work fine? This may be the perfect option for me as I too have a long commute and do tons of highway driving.
Not a single issue to date, highly recommend it. Even if it fails tomorrow for the cost and ease of replacement it can't be beat. If the motor fails it's 2 little bolts to remove/replace and you can buy them separately on eBay for $20 or less shipped. Extremely happy with it still. With it open it sounds mean and closed seems completely stock.

I never updated the thread, but I did empty out my cat too. The combo of open dump with that is just nuts. With the valve closed though it's a totally different experience and very pleasant and quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciado View Post
Great post, I myself plan on setting up a boost-actuated valve as opposed to the electric. Saves some money and to me it's more reliable from past experiences with certain electric valves giving out and unfortunately doing so while open.
Boost-activated is a ton more work, and will require more careful tuning, but when done right it is nice.