mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 550xi + '09 M5 + '10 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post

A few key features:

- It won't shutdown a cold engine
- There are several ways to temporarily defeat it, without shutting it off (for example applying extra brake pressure when stopped then easing off the brake slightly or turning the steering wheel).
- When stopped, coolant will still continue to circulate through the engine and turbos due to the electric water pump.

Oh, ok, so it does have a safety feature to avoid restarting a cold engine. I've always been taught that cold starts are when a lot of engine wear occurs. I'm all about saving gas to save the environment but I'm not really interested in saving the environment if it destroys the motor in my car.

I'm still not convinced about removing oil pressure as a heat sink not being harmful to turbo chargers part. That goes against everything automotive engineers have taught us about turbocharging.

And, I wouldn't really be interested in "defeating" the system. That's sort of like sitting on your seatbelt so you don't have to listen to the chime lol.

Anyway, thank you for the info - I don't have ASS on any of my cars but I'm looking forward to having it one day if its as good as advertised.
Appreciate 0