View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 11:32 PM   #128
TJ135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDaCat8 View Post
Thanks TJ. I hope what I’m putting up is helping someone/anyone that’s going to go for the conversion. I’ve learned a ton here. Just trying to give back some.

Your list looks pretty good. Exhaust will need changing. Same with the trunk tub and the lines to the charcoal canister. Inevitably there’ll be more little things you’ll need. So, be ready for that. Brackets for the side skirts and a few weld studs come to mind.
If you’re going to have a shop do the work, you might talk to them about sourcing the parts. They can buy them at wholesale (typically 20-25% off list), then, if they’re cool, will pass that savings on to you. May very well be better pricing than ECS and no shipping costs.

Where are you located ?

I definitely appreciate it! Im just nervous, I hope it will be worth it, I think it will be!

I have a full berk exhaust currently. I don't really want a quad or dual exit exhaust I hope I can make the current exhaust set up work but I'll be ok with changing it out if needed. I almost only Track/Autocross this car so performance for me comes first and looks are a very very close second.

What wheels/Tire set up are you planning on running? Could we run the 1M spec wheels of 18x10.5 ET27? I want some thick tires back there to give me an "excuse" to go big turbo I've seen some people squeeze a 315/30r18 on a 1M. I'm not sure I would go that big right away but I would like to put a 305 in the rear. I'm curious what your plans are?

I'm in a little town Aztec NM, the shop I'm going to talk to is in Farmington NM I plan on talking to them Wednesday hopefully I can get this project started in December its winter here and race season is over so now is the perfect time to get this project done.. Its crazy seeing the cardinal stadium in your first pictures. I grew up in the Deer Valley area and moved away a year after the cardinal stadium was built, I miss Phoenix
Appreciate 0