View Single Post
      02-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #79
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Well, I wasn't trolling for business in that regard. I've said many times that if the HiFi upgrade was any good, I wouldn't be in business, and I stand by that. I think it's just a different flavor of suck.

I don't care about the poll - I was asking you personally, because you care about sound quality. If someone wants better sound, do you think that's what they should buy?

We have been asked if we could come out with a lower-cost system that just sucked less than the stock Stereo system. I have not done so because I don't think that "sucking less than the competition" should be the reason for existing for any product. People would give us their money, but still not be happy about it.

But I'm hearing that the Alpine HiFi system can be bought in the US now. This is GREAT news. Why?

Because the Magnuson-Moss act makes it specifically illegal for a car company to say, "Don't buy Product A on the aftermarket, it voids your warranty" but at the same time to say "Buy Product A from us, it doesn't void your warranty" when they are the same category of product!

The Alpine HiFi upgrade system interfaces with the stock head unit just the way the well-designed aftermarket systems do, and so NO BMW DEALER CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY FOR AUDIO NOW! (At least when it's properly done!)

So
Appreciate 0