View Single Post
      10-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #228
teaberry
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M Sport Convert 6spd

Esteban thanks for the info. Because so many used DCT were listed as "manual" and without the right interior pic to see the shift knob, I had to sometimes run through a VIN decoder and even that doesn't seem to show the difference in 6spd manual vs DCT? It required me to look at every single 135i convertible posted for sale online and each picture to make sure.

You are right about the steering wheel. I just went out to look at that 135is for sale (still for sale) and compared it to the one I bought in California (right pic) and the steering wheel looks the same. For some reason, in person, I thought it was thicker and smaller...and that's coming from a mk7 GTI which already has a nice small steering wheel (w/ flat bottom).

*According to that list I test drove #88 on that list of 258. Kinda cool, too bad the car is kinda broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Here is a list of 135is convertibles and Canadian M Sport Edition convertibles. It doesn't say if they're manual or DCT, but you can probably check any of the VINs on the list in a VIN decoder to see what transmission it has.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...&postcount=329

I know of a member here who has a 135is convertible with a manual transmission, so they definitely exist.

The standard steering wheel on the 135is is the M steering wheel which is the same as the steering wheel on a 135i with the M Sport package. The steering wheel on the 135is you saw that was shaped differently was probably an aftermarket steering wheel.

here is a link to some steering wheels. Some specifically for the 1 series.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/c-steering-wheels-12

Here are a couple of pics. The first one is the M steering wheel for the 1 series. This is the wheel that comes on the Sport or M Sport package. The second one is the BMW Performance steering wheel, possibly the one you saw on the 135is convertible.
Attached Images

Last edited by teaberry; 10-03-2018 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0