10-16-2016, 03:36 AM   #25
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenspeed View Post

Well, I was on a rural interstate last week when a GL 550 Mercedes blew by driving pretty fast (around 90). They were driving pretty aggressively in heavy traffic, so I let them go by. A few miles down the road traffic allowed me to catch them, and as traffic cleared and I approached them from behind, they nailed it. I decided to play and followed suit.

Surprisingly, we were evenly paired at these high speeds. I was waiting for the engine to cut out at 130 and was happy when it didn't. They let off at 142 after realizing they couldn't shake me (but I couldn't pass them either with their 429 HP turbo V8 against my stock 300 horse 135i).

I know it's an old post but 429 HP in a heavy @$$ truck is nothing....it's all about weight ratio. A 128I is not fast but it's far from being a slouch. I call it a quick car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0