01-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #22
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
You aren't the only one, no. you are in the same boat as the E90 M3 owners and many other drivers that missed out on the opportunity to own one and now are trying hard to convince yourself its nothing special!

Before ordering mine I had a 135i, several M3's and a bunch of 3 series cars. Since getting my 1M I have owned another 135i, a M3, several 3 cars and now also have a M235 and I can tell you, it is special. Not because it's so awesomely fast or beautiful but because it is the intersection of old and new. I have owned 3 different E30 M3's and won't bother owning another because as the saying goes, I've been there, done that and have the tshirt.

The 1M is a better car to drive then the E30 M3, period. It's faster, cheaper to run. Better on track (in stock form) and nicer DD. Don't get me wrong, I like and understand the love affair with E30 M3's and all the rest, but yes, the 1M is a VERY special car! Stop fighting it and buy one, if you can find one you like.
I have to be honest, I have never owned or driven a 1M, but other than that I can relate to everything else you wrote. I have owned every 3 series under the sun over the last 20 years, similar to you, and currently have an e30 M3 with and S52 engine for my HPDE/fun car. I have thought many times the 1M would be the perfect alternative, but I have a feeling the hype and values will come down to earth when the M2 is released.
Appreciate 0