View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 10:00 PM   #941
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Well, I finally got my cars after what seemed forever; especially after having the first set arrive damaged.

But this whole saga couldn't go quietly away. The good news the cars arrived in good shape and basically intact. But when I pulled the MotoGP car out of the shipping box, I could hear something rattling around. I immediately knew that wasn't good. I pulled the car out the box and still couldn't figure out what was rattling around and where it was in the car. I ended up pulling apart the bottom of the car and found out the rattling was from the inside rear view mirror floating loose. I glued the mirror where it belonged and I think everything is good now.

I haven't pulled the regular 1M out of the box yet to inspect it. But so far everything looked good. Max went ahead and had the black wheels installed on it. I might swap out the black ones with the silver ones to see if I like that look better. Max had also installed the front splitter lip and the replica license plate from my 135i.

So here are some pictures of the MotoGP car with part of my Minichamps MotoGP bike collection.

I have other Minichamps replicas. Max tells me the Repsol Honda in the last picture is a very rare one due to it being 1:6 scale. The way I took the picture doesn't give justice to how big this model is. The Yamaha bikes are all 1:12 scale closer to lining up with the 1:18 scale of the MotoGP car.
Appreciate 1