View Single Post
      01-16-2021, 05:38 PM   #4
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Had some time to pull apart the trunk liner today, confirmed there are no modules behind the driver side inner liner. The only module below the carpet insert in the center is the TCU.

Confirmed no light in the fiber optic cable at the TCU, and no light in the fiber optic cable in the diagnostic port under the steering wheel (that's where it is, behind a small square plastic cover).

From reading, the MOST bus starts at the Head unit -> Logic7 Amp (if present) -> TCU -> Satellite or HD Tuner -> Other MOST modules if present -> Diagnostic port.

Can anyone confirm where the Satellite tuner or HD tuner would be in the E82? RealOEM doesn't show its location, and I can't seem to get a clear answer as the E90 series has it in the trunk on the driver side behind the liner and mine is empty. Can anyone confirm the order of connections is as I've described above?

I think I'm resigned to looking for a new head unit and all the associated headaches that will cause (trying to find one that matches all the other options I have or having to recode it all)....fun (not really).
Appreciate 0