Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

Talking Total Hot Air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Styling is subjective. You might as well argue about who was a better captain, Kirk or Picard? For me no contest Kirk was better. Non PC a little pudgier and rough around the edges and loved the ladies. Picard was tall, thin, never lost his composure and was a little PC. You could trust him around your teenage daughter but not Kirk... Hey. It's sorta like the 1M and M2! The M2 is
More refined and the 1M is a little rougher around the edges.

You already gave away your priorities with how the M2 is better equipped. The 1M is not for you. It was for guys like me that get the joy from simplicity! Big motor, big tires, rear drive and a manual transmission. Get the M2. It's a lovely car I get it but sadly you don't get the 1M and you really don't get the importance it had with BMWs credibility as it made the transition to turbo cars, air curtains and smaller, cheaper sports coupes.

Furthermore you lame example about you inheriting a $6000 Mercedes that's worth a lot now also missed the point. That car dropped in value the instant it left the showroom. Years later as inflation, dwindling supply the Lame-ification of modern cars, many of those cars exploded in value. The 1M was worth as much or more when it left the showroom floor. I was watching Mecum auction and the commentator noted that Only two cars in the 2000s went up in value right out of the box ... The Ford GT and 1M coupe.

Finally, no one knows if values will rise and fall. Your dad didn't know that his car would go up and didn't buy it with that in mind and neither did
Most of us. What makes this topic not be completely pointless is that there are in fact many true fans of the 1M that want one and hope prices come down a bit so they can get one otherwise it's a little silly to argue about.

Good luck with your M2 and when you look down your gadget laden paddle shifting idrive tweaking nose at the ugly 1M, remember that the M2 is there because the 1M was such a halo success.

Best wishes
This is an example of a bloviating rhetoric from a drooling moron. In fact, it is so embarrassing to read, I suspect the author is gay or he's having sex with the 1M's tail pipe!

The 1M is an abomination. The One in its stock form is a much better looking car. As for its value, only the passage of time will tell. The main problem is it's based on the One which wasn't considered a good looking car. Bloated fenders and fancy wheels are what little boy racers like.

The M2 isn't gadget laden. BMW has thrown in some stuff like an HK radio, 19" forged wheels with Michelins, LSD, and some other goodies which most buyers would want. As for the joy of simplicity, since when is any modern day car simple?

The M2 is the natural evolution of the One series which wasn't a very successful car sales wise. BTW, it has a big motor, big wheels, rear wheel drive and a 6-speed all standard. It also has a much better engine using the internals from the M4's engine and its aluminum suspension components.

As for styling, well we'll have to see what the sales figures look like. I never thought BMWs were very stylish cars. They still pretty much resemble their very first vehicles introduced in the 1960s - 2000/1600/2002.

I don't know what my Dad's Mercedes has to do with anything except it has added a bit to my net worth. It'll be interesting to see just what the 1M might be worth when and if the M2 becomes readily available. If there aren't many for sale, this is your opportunity to put it on the market. You might fetch a good price for it. You might have enough leftover after you pay the balance on it, to buy a skateboard!
Appreciate 0