View Single Post
      08-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
buggy4cars
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328I M Sport 6MT

Just got off the phone with BMW NA and they said a few things. Firstly that there is no set time that the factory shuts down on a regular basis. The factory may shut when they're changing over model lines but they don't typically close for the month of August lets say. As far as 1 Series production there has been no information regarding the stopping of 1 Series production for the foreseeable future. He said they are usually told when production is to cease in anticipation of a new model and they have been told nothing yet re. the 2 Series so it's anticipated that there will be a 2014 "1" although he couldn't say when the 2014 1 Series numbers and configurations will be available online. I honestly don't think there's anyone below the most top level positions in NA that knows anything and I think that's by choice. Keep the people at the consumer level in the dark so they can't do anything to hurt "todays" sales. Sell everything we've got and we'll announce what's coming at the last minute even if it means not selling a particular model for months. Wonder when the last 3 Series Coupe was ordered and produced and the 4 Series is still a few months away from being delivered to the US.
Appreciate 0