View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
Captain Confused
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i, 1985 327i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk045 View Post
Hey guys, hope everyone's doing well under the circumstances. I have a 2011 128i (09/10 production) with combox and usb/aux both factory installed. I have a BMW professional radio (has sirius XM sticker on it) and I've installed the BT module and managed to get BT phone showing on the radio (still need to install a mic and do the wiring for it).

I've been playing around with NCSexpert to try to get BT streaming for music going without much luck. I then found out that apparently I can't BT stream and I'm not exactly sure why.

From what I see on my radio, the radio itself doesn't appear to have BT since I don't see any BT logo or details.

I have some questions that I would appreciate some help with:

1) Will replacing my radio with a radio that has BT help solve this problem? I found this as an example https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-1-3-Ser...-/274072412450

2) What do I need to be mindful off in replacing my radio?

3) What will it take to get the new radio working on my car?

Thank you
Since you have combox that is what is needed for Bluetooth streaming. I don't think it's the radio that would be needed. What does your vin says as far as options? That usually helps with determining what is needed.
Appreciate 0