View Single Post
      08-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #1
Dino355
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 SB BMW M2 Competition

Help! Rear tires rubbing through fuel filler pipe!!!

Hey guys,

I've recently fitted KW Clubsport coilovers to my 135i (am also running M3 LCAs) with stock rear rims and 255/35/18 tires. When i first fitted the kit the car was a little low and rubbed through the fuel filler pipe resulting in fuel leaks when filling up with gas.

I'm at the Nurburgring this week and this issue seems to have the pro workshops here stumped! I had the car corner weighted and set up (ride height raised a little too as it was too low). The fuel filler pipes been changed too but it's still rubbing against it through compressions on the track.

The KW Clubsport comes with 80Nm rear springs so they changed these over to 120Nm springs which made no difference. Then we tried 150Nm springs with a thicker spring mount (on the coilover adjuster) and even that didn't help! We've even turned up the rear bump adjustment on the dampers and that helped eliminate some of the rubbing but it's still there on the most extreme parts of the track.

Without having to raise the car up too high does anyone have any suggestions?? Would different bump stops help?

Thanks