05-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #30
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep
Drives: f06 640i GC. E82 N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallicia View Post
This all seems to speak more of shops and dealerships. I replaced my valvetronic motor and eccentric shaft and it wasn't that hard at all. the special tools needed were more annoying than anything, mostly because I wish I could just rent them for the afternoon or get a loaner.

I replaced my oil pressure sensor on top of the OFH last night, took all of 2 mins. with plans to do the OFHG gaskets and clean the intake valves when I remove the intake manifold. Figure 3 hours, and then I see so many OFHG stories, and I just was like WUUUUTTTTT.....

Short of coolant not being drained then flowing into the oil passage and washing oil off bottom end bearings and being left to sit on them and or corrode them enough to create a rough edge, this was inconceivable.

Or debris being knocked into the coolant passages because it wasn't cleaned thoroughly before OFH removal..

And an air bubble in the oil passages!? if the oil pump has oil to draw in, it's going to push oil through every passage that isn't blocked.

These things don't just happen in a sealed system.

I'd never ever ever trust a shop that had a motor "fail" on them and they started investigating before being given permission to go ahead to turn a single bolt on it. That wreaks of stink.

Having dealerships forgot to put motor mount bolts in, and leave tools in cabin filter trays, and leave bolts finger loose

Sidenote - Does anyone know a place to borrow/rent the tools to remove/install the exhuast cam to do the cam seals for the VANOS gear adjusters?

guslealisla - what was the final outcome, Did you get a solid new motor put in?
funny you say that when the dealer replaced my transmission they left my motor mounts attached to the notor but not my frame, had me chasing what i thought to be suspension issues for months!!
Appreciate 1