03-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #21
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Hi bNks,

I've been doing a bit more reading on this lately and have come across some information regarding profiles which seems to conflict with a bit of the information above. Wonder if you could comment on it?

In step 2, selecting a profile that has manipuation enabled is specified. My present understanding is that to code a module to the default settings indicated by the VO, a profile that does NOT have manipulation enabled must be used, otherwise the settings used in the .MAN file are written instead?

Not totally understanding the various elements of each profile and what they do. I spent some time looking at the NCS Expert .CHM help file last nite but of course it's all in German, so I wasn't making much of it. I have some limited schoolboy\conversational German, but the technical terms are rather hard going for me. I may sit down with it and make a serious go of translating at least that portion, but I wonder if you could add any information about what the various profile attributes do that you might have picked up?

Thanks again for the great post,

ianc
Do you understand the concept of a harddrive needing read and write privileges?

WinKFP can be used to read values or write them. If you don't setup a profile with write privileges enabled, then you will not be able to save the changes you made...

That's about the extent of what I've cared to learn about the profile settings lol... There is no need to change anything beyond enabling manipulation.
Appreciate 0