04-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #70
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Superdaws... So did your radio have the EQ settings before you did the Alpine amp?

My 2010 has only the base(base) radio. I've been thinking about doing this install... but I would really love to have an EQ as well. I was under the impression there is no way to code my radio for the EQ with this Alpine amp. ?

Thanks
Dackel
Yeah, in Aus all our 135's come with the "Professional" radio as a minimum and i had the basic audio with the car (ie no tweeters etc and didnt take the option for any upgraded audio). The professional head unit then has some really heavy equalisation output from it (hidden and built into the code) to compensate for the lack of quality of the base speakers (so ive been told). I agreed with this because after i installed the alpines (before coding) it sounded better but not 100% right. When coding it in the CIC its default is "sterio" which means its outputing all that EQ to try and make it better than what it is. Once you code to "hifi" it removes all the EQ as it now thinks its one of the upgraded audio packages... it makes the alpines sound WAY better.

There is a difference with the "Business Radio" alpine kit. There is some extra wiring to be installed into the sub contoller (aparently there is only 1 woofer).

As for the EQ settings to come up on Idrive, mine doesnt. I believe you can code it as someone has tried but you then dont get any audio whatsoever cause its designed specifically for the Logic 7 system. So no, i dont think you will be able to get that with the Alpine kit.

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0