Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Nice work there. I came across your older posts in my forum search yesterday. I wonder if that member still makes the enclosures!

OK, so my question is if I'm able to tap into the standard amp on the base system and run the external amp/sub off that? I think the my10 didn't come with an amp in the base system, but apparently versions before it did. I'll have to check my boot to confirm it (my09).
Thanks

As far as I know he does. His name's Ben - on here he's TPLSM3. He built the enclosure and sent it over here (got it in 10 days -including build time) for half what Northfield Car Audio wanted to charge me - and they wanted the car for 3 days to create the moulds.

I had to wait until I had the Alpine kit in mine so that I could tap off the outputs from that Amp as mine's an MY10.5 and had no amp as standard. The way I understand it (and I'm not an expert on other peoples' cars - just my own) is that if your car came from factory with tweeters in the A-Sails then you'll have an Amp. If not, then most likely no Amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Thanks for the explanations of the various speakers. I'll call it the underseat woofer from now on.
I prefer to think of the under-seat speaker as part of the front channel. Effectively a 3-way setup. Tweeters, Midrange (In the doors) and Drivers (Under the seats). The drivers do a good job of filling in the gap you often get between the audible bass and the sub-bass - smoothing out the curve, so to speak...