02-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Cooler2442. Good to hear you dont have issues with that setup. Im going to button on friday and that is what im worried about. Anything you do or dont do to prevent this from happening or are you going all out? How do you know bryan?

Op has an IS. So n54 with added cooling.
I run in the intermediate group usually so I'm not advanced and have never taken the car to its limits I'd say but I never had any kind of overheating problems. I'd just take it easy the first lap to warm it up properly then on the last lap also take it a bit easy to cool it down. Then just park and open the hood. I'd also set the JB4 to the mode that puts all fans to 100% and I'd track it in that mode to help with cooling. Sometimes after parking I'd leave the car running in that 100% fan mode with the hood open. Don't remember my ButtonWillow time but at Big Willow I put down a 1:40 with the stock runflats. I stopped tracking with Meth though because I went through about 4 gallons at Buttonwillow on it and that gets expensive. Maybe meth helped keep my car cool and not overheat?

I've been down to Bryan's shop to grab my exhaust, was one of the first N55's to run the setup. Also always run into him at Bimmerfest every year and we catch up.
Appreciate 0