View Single Post
      02-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #17
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by abashoe
I came from a Z3MCoupe where the ASC was no where nearly as invasive. After my first track day with my Z4 MCoupe I was almost ready to sell. The DSC was so intrusive it ruined my day.

I realize now it likely has to deal with my driving style. Its really only a certain condition for me: turns where the apex is part of decreasing elevation changes (1 and 5 and NJMP-L)

DSC off cured it, but I did have a minor off track excursion on my next HPDE. So until I get better I don't want to turn it off.

Does a decent suspension setup reduce the DSC invasiveness dramatically? Other than PFC pads I'm stock. Im hoping coilovers and camber plates will reduce it immensely. Is this a realistic expectation?
No actually doing suspension mods will make it kick in more . Less body roll and faster weight transfer make for a better setup but it can and does make the system intervene more in my experience. I went DSC off full tine early on in my career with this car , you can not drive it effectively on track in the dry with it on .
George
Appreciate 0