View Single Post
      03-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #24
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Interesting. So your 128i does has some squat. The added front height might have something to do with it being a 128i vs 135.

So is the entire suspension new w/ 7,000 miles or just the top hat upper mounts?

One thing I just thought of is that I've also got the Whiteline RSFB inserts. They likely add 1/4 to 1/2 inch rear ride height.

It appears my car sits pretty level. I'll try to get a measurement from around the jack points to the ground later. As pointed out earlier, much of the front to back variance is the wheel well shape. The OE ride heights have 8mm diff front > back while my car has 12mm so I have 4mm more squat or 4mm less rake than OE. (Terminology assumption - rake is tail up, squat is tail down)

If your subframe inserts do add rear height, and you take away the effect of say 3/8" (~10mm) , you are at 578 front, 573 rear. A difference much closer to the spec diff. Then consider how much front strut mounts can compress your car gets into squat territory.

N.B. I have 17" wheels so the absolute numbers will not be a valid comparison to your measurements. So you pointing out the front to back differences is pertinent.

My springs and dampers have ~17,000 miles on them.