View Single Post
      07-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

You can take turn 1 faster by a good margin. Should be able to kiss that curbing and really shoot out to the right.
You can take turn 2 faster too, try to fight the urge to nab the brakes too hard going into it. You don't have to stay that tight on it but make sure you tighten at the end and track out on full throttle, you should feel the car wanting to let go and oversteer when you're coming up on the exit, then you want to work your way way to the right side of the track to set up for 3.
Your line for 3 was messed up because of the entry, you needed to be way further right and turning in way later. It then got worse because you got on the throttle too quickly and had that jiggle moment. Your car has always looked unusually darty / tail happy.
You want to track out more toward the top of turn 4, then in at that last double apex and straight out full throttle all the way down to the next curbing. Looks like and sounds like you picked up very little speed on the way down and scrubbed off a lot for 5.
6-7 are easy, especially with how much power these cars make, you can make up a lot of your mistakes here by outright speed / acceleration.
Speed through 8 looks good, but you can keep more through 9 if you track out further, turn in later and get on the gas sooner.

I don't have a video of my 1:34.00 lap, but I do have one from my first day there if you want to compare. My line is off in quite a few spots but it's easy to see and hear where I'm faster and on throttle earlier / later -- there were no cone markers on this day and Big Willow is huge with some pretty ambiguous turns. Such a fun track though.

Here's my friend and alignment buddy Robert Choo running a 1:34.4 in a SOHC EG Civic.. This is momentum driving but a good line display.

And here's my 1:34.4 with a passenger.

Appreciate 2