bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff View Post
Say that to the dudes running two D14's

Also. http://www.fuel-it.biz/n54-throttle-body-injection/

Guess 5th/6th port / methanol style injection is a thing on this platform as well.
Never said it wasn't, and I never said it didn't work. Data has been posted in this community that shows that meth injection at the throttle body or chargepipe does not provide for a homogeneous fuel mixture across all cylinders. As stated previously, this is due to the intake manifold design. Also, like I previously stated and you are still ignoring, meth injection alone is not enough supplemental fueling to make big power whether done through the charge air (problems also include wetting and homogeny) or direct port injection...

Try running an 800whp motor with throttle body injection. There is someone who does it on 600whp+ and he has blown up his intake manifold twice... Also, going back to the fuel mixture being homogeneous, some cylinders may see a fuel mixture of 100aki and others only seeing 95aki (as an example). Throttle body injection does not provide for reliable tuning. Period.

Again, it works.. no denying that... it doesn't mean that it's the direction the platform should be taking to achieve high WHP goals when better options may exist. I think everyone posting here knows what the available options are. No need to post up links to throttle body injection. It's not a good fueling solution for big power goals. Throttle body injection is bottom of the barrel next to injecting at the chargepipe.

Last edited by bNks334; 07-11-2017 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 1