01-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #181
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVANT123 View Post
...When you look at what maintenance is typically done during the first 50K miles, its usually 3-4 oil changes/brake fluid change/spark plug change- not sure why doing this work myself would void my warranty.
I would also add that other service items would need to be done too before 50K miles. Things like:

Brake fluid flush (every two years)
One oil change per year (regardless of miles traveled - if your car has low miles)
pollen micro filter
wiper blades yearly
brakes: (front and rear usually go out at about the same miles) rotors and pads and sensors

As long as you keep good records there is no reason to have BMW do this work. Not unless you want it done for free. Like some have said(above)... IF you would rather pay out of pocket and do the work yourself or have your favorite indi shop do the service work, that should not effect your warranty. Just make sure you use only BMW parts and approved fluids(oils LL1, BMW fliters, ect) and keep good records of the work done.

I myself prefer to do my own work too - in most cases. But sometimes its also nice having freinds at the dealer who can help me out if a little project here and there.

Dack
Appreciate 0