View Single Post
      05-17-2019, 10:07 AM   #5
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
Have you been able to get the car on track yet? Very interested to hear how much of a difference it made.
I have had the spherical suspension at two track days. This mod was combined with a change from M3 RSFBs to solid aluminum, and the addition of a wing and splitter, so it is hard to credit all benefits to any one thing.

I would say though that the spherical bearings result in a subtle improvement in handling feel at the limit and no real change in feel below it. Of course there are some new noises, but these are not particularly intrusive on smooth pavement. I did post this in the Track subforum though because the mod has no practical significance except for track cars.

Without true back-to-back testing it would be difficult to precisely pin down the handling or performance benefit of the spherical bearings vs. M3 parts, but I can say that the difference is by no means night and day.

The wing and splitter are night and day though on fast tracks like the Mosport GP track. I ran them one event last year at that track without the suspension changes and they were good for 2 seconds a lap.
Appreciate 4
dtla1827.50