View Single Post
      06-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #56
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Changed my color, now that there are anthracite pictures. Should look great with the alpine white.

Cannot wait to get these.

Btw, I like that the lug bolt mating surface chamfer is milled with no paint. I've had issues at past events with properly torqued lug bolts backing out because of painted surfaces. It's no fun having your wheel pass you at a driving event.
Larry, great talking to you earlier today. You're abosultely right, and bunch of companies get paint onto the lug area which causes an improper seat. The demo samples I receive usually do have paint in this area since they are painted by hand and not prepped the same way, and are just created to check fitment and aesthetic design (I'm not allowed to mount/use them on a car).

Here's an example of a true production wheel that has the lugs properly capped prior to painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74
Is there a cutoff date for this group buy yet?

I'm wanting the Rotas because of the style, but it's questionable whether that's going to happen and these are my second choice by far.
There will be a cut off date, which won't be for a while. We're just taking names and comments. The GroupBuy is not officially open yet. I'm only opening it to about 4-5 people right now, who's funds will be used to specifically expedite the 1 series wheel project (Larryn is one of them). The official GroupBuy won't be open until a date closer to their arrival.

Due note the offset difference between those wheels and these. There is no rear wheel with offsets remotely close to these in this width So they will be the best wide-rear fitment out there.

-Eddy
Appreciate 0