View Single Post
      04-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #48
E82MSport
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' Crimson 135i

First I wanted to say thank you for the extremely detailed thread, it made my installation go very smooth.

Question - I decided to go with the supplied springs form Ohlins and found the ride and handling quite good although the front wheel/tire fitment seems to be limited by the lower spring perch as noted in your write-up. I'm currently running the stock wheel/tire fitment (M Sport) with 215F and 245R. I purchased a set of Apex ARC 8's in the 1-series fitment and have held off installing tires due to this issue. I engaged Apex on this and due to the various combinations of suspension setups they couldn't give me a definitive answer if a 235/40/18 would fit without spacers. Based on your write-up it looks as though I might be limited to a 225/40/18 in front using the supplied springs, would you agree? I'm in no real rush so maybe the Swift spring conversion from HPA might be the answer.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers / Apex ARC 8's 245/255-35 MPSS / Wagner Downpipes / Wagner EVOII Intercooler / ER Charge Pipe / Forge DV / PowerFlex RSFB / PowerFlex Differential Bushings / MFactory 3.46 Torsion LSD / MHD Flasher
Appreciate 0