12-03-2018, 07:04 AM   #33
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
I got a MFactory 3.46 last Black Friday from Syncrotech. Did the install myself and reused everything except seals, there was no chance of saving them.

I didn't check anything. I just put things back where they came from. 20K+ later, no issues I know of.

BUT, I think I should have done measurements. I have a Torsen in my Focus and it acts completely different; you absolutely know it's there.
The 135, not so much. Vs the e-diff I don't feel it was night/day difference. Yes it'll help. But I don't see anyone who's really dug into 'tuning' the e-diff and chassis control. SOP is code out and get mechanical because I don't understand or like computers. Which works, but is an incomplete story.
Agreed. It's fine just removing the ediff feature, but you really need to change a few more things.

I did a little bit of messing around in the DSC module; ended up changing a bunch of brake and 'nanny' things that everyone who goes in there ends up coding-out, but I also decided to explore inputting 1M values in for the oversteer coefficients. It made DTC mode less like a useless gimmick mode, and more like a proper goldilocks step between the nanny state that is default, and sideways at the slightest breath of throttle. It's perfect for driving in the rain, as it doesn't interfere too quickly. You can get sideways and crank-out some serious wheel spin (128i spinning in second is hysterical) but it'll step in relatively gently when you get too far out of whack, which is reassuring.

The real difference made by the 'proper' diff being installed, happened after removing all of the nannies so that the darned thing could do its job. Now it's just a wonderful balance; grip when you need it, slip when you don't want it.