View Single Post
      02-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #8
shotor
Rep
Drives: 1M, 997 GT3, Spec E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkat View Post
I had a 1997 993 & currently have a 1M. Neither are/were daily due to horrible commuter traffic. I loved the 993, pinnacle of air cooled Porsches and I think the best looking. Really the last hand-built Porsche. Built quality is amazing, closing the door is like closing a bank vault. I loved the immediacy of the interior . Almost cocooned in car. At 285 hp, do not expect it to be super quick of the line. Handles great though. Both are wonderful analogue driving experiences. 993's are 20 years old. I would try to find the best car available,
PPI is a must. I had mine for 10 years with no issues. Would suggest ROW suspension setup. Much better than what was sold in NA. Funny, My east coast car went to a guy in pacific NW
Getting the best one is a funny balance. Because I'm going to drive it regularly, need one with enough mileage to be semi-sorted but not used up. Be clean enough to not be a project, but not too clean to worry about using it. And of course, I'm a slave to what is available to me in the market [Canada is much summer pool than the US].

Hoping to find one with about 75,000 Km on it. No real accidents. And has been used and maintained regularly.

Best part is, that if I don't find what I like, still driving a 1M. Really incredible car for what it is. I get more positive response from people on the street from this car than the GT3. Wish I could keep it too, but then I would be a car collector and don't really want to go down that road.
Appreciate 0