View Single Post
      02-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #18
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotor View Post
The Cayenne is the car that not only saved them, but pushed them into the most profitable car company in the world.

The 996 is arguably a better car than the 993. Much better cooling, aero, packaging, manufacturing scaling, etc. Had a 996 years ago, just a basic C2. Put about 100,000 Kms and 30+ trackdays on that thing and nothing broke. Had to change an air/oil separator, that's it. With one tank I could drive from Vancouver, BC to Portland none-stop. It was an amazing car for what it was and how little I paid for it.

The 993 IS over priced for what it is. But we don't always buy cars with logic. Also, the prices are becoming more reasonable since the speculators are out of the market. For my needs [daily driven in the city with some highway to go skiing] it should be nice. Its a small car, old enough but new enough and hopefully fun to drive at the slower speeds. And I've never owned a 993 before. Just wish I could keep the 1M too, its such a great car.
Water pump and front control arms were the repairs I had to make in my 996 under 50k miles. Of course, one should get an IMS bearing fix if buying a 996 today.
Appreciate 0