View Single Post
      01-04-2021, 09:15 AM   #39
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M3 Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg6975 View Post
Tut4u2 Can you elaborate a bit on the coding process you had to do? Did you keep the DME/CAS/Key from the M3 together and zeroize the miles and VIN on them or zeroize the DME and marry it to the CAS from the 1 series? I see you used everything but the NRF from the M3, did you have to write the VIN and code parameters or something more involved?
The DME, CAS, and Key are a matched set and they all need to remain together in order for the car to run; consequently, I re-used all 3 from the donor M3. Even if you zero out the cluster, it will get the mileage from the DME. If you want the mileage to match your chassis, you can send out the DME and CAS to have the VIN re-written, but you won't find people that advertise the service given the associated legal issues.

I did find a vendor in the US that would do it, but didn't really care for it, because when it comes time to sell the car, I doubt a prospective buyer would fuss over a 20k mile difference given everything else that's been done to the car. If the mileage is a deal breaker then its not the right buyer for the car.

You can write the VIN to all other modules via WINKFP then code them to the chassis as required. For example, you can code the NFRM or ABG modules to VIN X and code it for the hardware present in VIN Y. I did this for the PDC sensors since the E8X is shorter than the E9X so the distances are slightly different.

I can help you out with the coding via TeamViewer or just send me what you want coded and I can tell you what you need to check/uncheck in the .MAN fie.
Appreciate 3
dtla1827.50
amg6975500.00
DrFerry6728.50