United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmist222777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
I'm in the same boat.

I just sold my M2C and was looking into M2CS. However, I'm still debating between that or the 1M. Both are more or less the same price, given that I'd only ever consider a low-mileage 1M (low miles in my book are in the 5-10k range).

Curious to hear your thoughts about M2CS vs 1M. I'm afraid that if I get the M2CS, it will fall short for the same (or similar) reason the M2C did and I will regret not getting the 1M. I loved everything about the M2C, but it was a little numb at times. Maybe more than a "little".
no doubt that the M2CS is a great car... but it will take a long long time before those cars are viewed as investment grade cars. where I think you could easily still get a 1M today that could be a true collectable. how would you feel if next year the 1Ms suddenly jumped to $175 or 200k? you would be kicking yourself for not getting one when you could have...

not that I think that will happen that quickly. but I think its possible in the next 10 years. I remember a host of the Mecum Auctions talked about the 1M as being a car that will go under the radar for years and then rocket up. It was interesting to me since I owned one but I dont own one for the sake of investment. I just love how it drives.

but nevertheless, the M2CS will make you smile everday. the 1M does that as well but I fear everyday that someone will ding me in a parking spot or someone will hit me on the freeway... et cetera. therefore making me not want to drive it.
thats why I have the M2C. I can just drive and enjoy.
Exactly! The one thing I'm jealous about M2s is that you can enjoy it and not as special so that is fun. I also stress about 1M too. I still drive it but definitely more preoccupied than if I drove an M2. I totally get that.
Appreciate 0