07-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #14
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopaw View Post
I just replaced my OEM runlets with Michelin PS 3+ A/S. with the stock sizes you mentioned. I called Tirerack and asked what they recommended for MY priorities of Ride quality, quietness, and wearability. I don't track the car and it is my daily driver. On ramps are the only performance driving I usually do. I'm VERY pleased with the tires for my requirements, your needs may differ.

I purchased from a local reputable tire shop. Michelin did have the $70 rebate when I purchased but be sure you factor in shipping, mounting etc. when you compare prices with Tirerack etc.
The Michelin A/S 3 is a good performance, all season, tire. I have them installed on my 135is Convertible. Michelin biases its performance tires more towards performance than to the weather. For example, the A/S 3 is close to the PSS in performance and a little less good than some competitors for light snow and other conditions one might use an all-season tire for. Their Pilot Alpin tires are similarly a bit less good in winter weather as snow tires, but closer to the performance of the PSS summer tires on dry pavement in winter. I just ordered Pilot Alpins as my winter tires for my new utility car, which is a Golf R 6MT, replacing my departed STi.

There is more than one good tire for any application and choices need to be made for your intended uses.
Appreciate 0