01-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM98 View Post
Had this car a little over two years, its my 4th BMW and I sorta have a love hate relationship with it right now

The car- 2009 AT 135i
3rd owner, currently has 78k Miles
FBO w/Walbro450 running e40 tune now for about a year

I am at the point of wanting more power and future reliability and I think I am at the limit here. In two years I have done the following maintenance:

02 Sensors
Plugs and Coils
OFH Gasket
Headlight Module
Window Regulator
Battery

Considering all the N54 horror stories I think I am pretty lucky, but I get a feeling that luck is about to run out fairly soon. I drive the car and it brings a smile to my face, but I feel like I am just waiting for something to break all the time.

Thoughts? The car still looks damn good and has everything I want except I am bored with the power, not sure I want to jump into new turbos or single turbo. If it was a domestic Id throw some nitrous at it but with these cars its not as easy and you might as well spend the extra money for turbos.

Maybe I am just bored and need a change.
Let's get one thing straight now: any car you mod, you jeopardize reliability. So if your looking for more power without having to mod, then obviously you'll need another car.

Let's get another thing out of the way while we're at it. There is no perfect car. Every car has its known problems. You sound like you know the N54 pretty well so you know it's known issues. Whatever car you decide to get, do your due research to see what it's known issues are.

Now my advice? I'd say keep the 135i and get more power from it. At the end, you'll still be spending less then buying a new car. Figure out what you want from your car and go from there. It's fairly inexpensive to get decent power out of these cars.

Again, do your own research, figure out how much power you want, and go from there.
Appreciate 0