Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
I know someone who's done it. This person did everything the right way in my opinion. ALL of the electronics worked including M Dynamic Mode, and he also ran one of the really neat and hard to find BMW Performance steering wheels which was fully integrated as well. He even went so far as to swap in the NBT iDrive that replaced the CCC system. Again, all of it worked as if it were factory.

As I recall, this individual enjoyed the vehicle for a while and then traded it in for a new Fire Orange F80 or F82.
Sakhir Orange

OP, PM me. I've documented everything pretty decently. The biggest challenge was creating the custom set of electronics on getting everything to talk to each other. Tandem DME's were used for the process of signal conversion and manipulation for the CAN -> CAN2 / PT-CAN -> PT-CAN2 lines. The problem is the PT-CAN2 runs at a much higher rate than the older CAN, so occasionally the slave DME will reset and the engine shuts down. If I had unlimited time and money, I would have done it properly.
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 1
tock172581.50