View Single Post
      08-03-2009, 04:33 AM   #32
Ange25
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i coupe

Sparoz, i did get an answer.

I have finally received feedback from head office regarding option 677 (HiFi Professional in Australia) for E82. I received confirmation straight from the development department confirming that the 7-band equalizer is included in 677 even if you have a car without the Navigation system Professional. You only need the Radio BMW Professional which is standard in Australia.

Furthermore, the interior-space sound effects ‘concert’ and ‘theatre’ are also included in 677 with or without the Navigation system.

Dawogfather, i'm guessing you paid an extra grand or so and for that you got 10 speakers instead of 6. The sound system i'm referrring to is the top of the range in the 1 series, retailing for $2080, which has the same 10 speakers but an also a more powerful amp, including a 7-band graphic equaliser and simulated surround sound features.

I understand the confusion because, not only didn't my dealer know, but nor were they sure in Aust Head Office. It was referred to Head Office in Germany. The reason apparently is because they sell so few HiFi Professional systems in Australia, that out of sight out of mind, i guess.

Head Office was great about it though. For all the trouble, they were happy to put production back a month so it would be a MY2010 vehicle and also agreed to add a new option introduced for MY2010 which will introduces extended connectivity of the music player in the mobile phone - i.e. allow you to play your music files from your iPhone.
Appreciate 0