View Single Post
      06-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #6
swunder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135is, x3 m40i, V70R

I just picked up a 2013 with iDrive and am happy to have it. I have read about bluetooth being terrible in the 1 series but my car picked up my Android phone easily and shows all music/call information with no issues. The steering wheel buttons even skip songs - though I have no idea if that works the same if you get the right hookup for a non iDrive car. Nav seems OK, but like most I'll probably use my phone for that. As mentioned above the other reason pro iDrive is overall versatility with the screen with potential backup cameras and phone mirroring while still looking stock. The double DIN radio replacements with a screen just look... terrible... even if the functionality is just as good or better due to being newer.

One of the main arguments against iDrive was that it kind of ruins the old school feel and look of the dashboard/car, going against what many believe to be the point of the car. I can totally see that side of the argument, especially if this is just a weekend toy. As a DD for me though, I really just wanted the extra convenience and integration iDrive offers.
Appreciate 2
tock172581.50