View Single Post
      07-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #74
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
I dont think they were referring to going 190mph, but some of us are able to take the E82 to its electronically limited top speed (135/155mph), ie: myself and my fellow German residents. I would be concerned about the hood holding up at 155mph, or even 100mph+, on the Autobahn.
I don't foresee it as being any more of an issue than the stock hood could be. They mount the same way, re-use the stock mounting hardware, etc. Also, aside from the squared latch, the hood also has the release mechanism, which once locked helps keep it in place too.

We've road tested the hood and trunk for months with no issues at all. We've been to 140+ quite a few times and drive the car really hard in all sorts of different road and driving conditions - never had an issue, and their won't be. The only suggestions I could make to anyone that wants to take extra steps for extreme high-speed situations is to use aftermarket hood shocks (or none at all) to release any pressure they might build, and keep the vents open so that air just flows through the hood.

We've made every step to make this as OEM as possible, and when we post the underside pics, you'll see we kept the same lines and structural design as the OEM hood, so this is as close to stock as an aftermarket hood gets

A few race-cars will be running our hood and trunk, and those guys gutted all the shocks, latches, and are running our Race-Lite hood (yet to be released) which weighs in at almost nothing. They'll be running custom hood pins that they will be making themselves

- Andy

Last edited by iCARBON DESIGN; 07-16-2010 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0