View Single Post
      03-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #56
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
That is the best and reproducible way I can see how to show a FMIC is helping. A dyno to me is not a real world test as it is static. So a 3 pass track run would be logical as it can be reproducible for different FMIC's.

Take all 3 runs with one FMIC and average the times. So FMICs that "cool" better and provide good airflow in theory would have better performance than those that cause lag and get heat soaked. We are talking probably hundreds of a second but if all the FMIC test show identical results with in a margin of error, could be not agree that that is a "equivalent" real world test?

As for testing if someone has a shop willing to do the installs and someone has a bone stock car to test with then that is the first hurtle. Second is asking each FMIC maker to supply one for testing and then getting a drive who is consistent on a track. *(Sorry unless you have a race LC at a minimum I would not call it a valid test. And I do not have a race LC so I am out.)

I think my goal on this thread is to get to a dollar worth of ideas. LOL

I just thought there are too many variables involved in a lap. I dont have much track experience so I really dont know. I guess a seasoned professional/veteran can/should churn out identical lap after lap.
Appreciate 0