View Single Post
      05-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #51
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYA View Post
Jeff/Joe, what are the minimum Windows system requirements? I'm trying to find a PC to borrow since I'm a Mac guy.
Any Windows OS with at least 15 GB free space on the C drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYA View Post
What's the battery charger necessary for? That one stumped me.
To keep proper voltage supplied to the car during the flash. If battery falls below a certain voltage, communication with the DME will be cut off and will require an emergency flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Joe, there is a warning on N54tech.com advising that ECUs that have been updated by the dealer after 7/20/12 cannot be flashed. I received one of those dealer updates in November of 2013. It retarded throttle response on the manual transmission 135s and was a major pain. I have heard that the PPK gets rid of this unwanted effect... But is flashing really a problem with cars that received this dealer dme update?
I understand that the DIY mentions that about the update, but we have flashed numerous DMEs that have had an update as latest as a couple of months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuj View Post
Hi Joe, I am interested as well.

How come the DCT gets more torque than the MT? Is BMW trying to preserve the MT clutches?

What is the FSC? Codes? Need for a 2013? If so does this mean the flash cannot be done?
FSC code is an activation code, which is required for models that are 02/2012 or newer and would require BMW involvement.
Appreciate 0