09-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #44
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by imola.zhp View Post
^ good point, I think its suppose to be intro'd as an `08 due to that 40 years since they intro'd the 2002 or something like that...

Then again, by the time the hype wears off and the cut-off to order a 2008 approaches, dealers might be more willing to, well, deal, haha. A benefit to not receiving a 2008 model car until the end of 2008 would be that the car would apprear to be low mileage for its "age". It would help out in the long run if you put a lot of miles on a car. Howver, the downfall is that even if you didnt take delivery until December of 2008, in January of 2009, it'll be "1 year old."

But yes, good point, and thanks, thats definatly something to keep in mind. That and the fact that the longer I wait, the more financially stable and able I'll be...

Lets say that the intro (demos) is held near the end of March 2008 with customer sold units arriving during the first week of April. That only leaves 5 months of 2008 production since the next model year begins in Sept. Also the '08 1ers will deprecation very rapid because of this ('09 MY).
Appreciate 0