02-06-2018, 07:51 AM   #9
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Oil pan gasket: yes I forgot about the belly pan collecting any oil leaking. I would not authorize repair at this time but would ask to be shown the bottom of the belly pan.

Thrust rod bushings have minor play. Key here is "minor" so this can wait too. Again hopefully someone else can jump in here and tell us what exactly they are.

Therefore, you should contact your SA and tell him that you only want the brakes done at this time so he/she can block off just the time to do this work. Just the brakes (assuming both front and back) most likely will be in the $1000-$1500 range. And you're right to go OEM at Otto's.
Thank you again for the advice. I am not at all mechanically inclined so it's good to be able to rely on the expertise of others like yourselves.

I'll ask for the belly pan to be shown to me to ensure oil leakage. I may even wait on replacing the thrust rod bushings until I start feeling shuddering or vibrations. Right now, the car feels perfectly good. When I start feeling the slightest of vibrations then I'll have them check up on it again.

Also, if someone can chime in on this... I did some research on thrust rod bushings and it seems that some people are recommending to just change out the control arms altogether. If I do this, I would most likely go with the M3 kit as many people have recommended. This should result in better steering feel and barely increases NVH. Thoughts?

I'll be doing just the front brakes and I think it'll be around $750... that's for pads, rotors, sensors, etc.
Appreciate 0